At the Cabarfeidh Hotel in Stornoway, we believe in the values of true Hebridean Hospitality. Our guests are at the centre of everything we do, and we understand that a content and motivated team are the driving force behind the collective success.
Joining our team is more than just having a job – it means becoming a valued member of a close-knit family. Our work environment thrives on mutual support and encouragement, fostering a positive and collaborative atmosphere. Whether you're contemplating advancing your career in the hospitality industry or seeking a fulfilling part-time role, if you possess a genuine passion for hospitality and a desire to contribute to a supportive and dynamic team, we would love to hear from you.
No two days are alike at the Cabarfeidh Hotel, where memories are crafted, and every moment is an opportunity for growth and learning. As an employer committed to the real living wage, we value our team and ensure they receive a generous range of employee benefits. We are dedicated to supporting our staff in reaching their full potential, offering competitive salaries, robust learning and development opportunities, and discounts throughout the company.
Interested in working for us at the Cabarfeidh Hotel? Below are the current opportunities available for individuals with a passion for hospitality. To apply or for more information, feel free to reach out to our Hotel Manager or give us a call at 01851 702604.
Deputy General Manager / Food & Beverage
The perfect DGM/F&B Manager will have a history of working in a similar role. You will maintain high standards with a meticulous eye for detail, you will lead from the front, be driven whilst being very much part of the team and being visible within the hotel. With strong management skills, you will be focused on the job in hand, be self-motivated and have excellent influencing communication and commercial skills. You will be able to stay calm and efficient when working under pressure and be able to communicate across all departments.
We are looking for someone to really own this role, to bring ideas, to develop with the company, to thoroughly embrace the position, department and team, so this will be a very involved and rewarding role.
- Have excellent food and beverage knowledge and be someone who enjoys building their knowledge of market trends to our guests to assist with the ongoing success of the hotel and restaurant.
- Develop and implement programmes to increase profitable sales in all Food and Beverage areas.
- Work closely with the General Manager to recruit, train and retain a high calibre of employees and guiding their knowledge of Service and the Food and Beverage offerings.
- Be commercially savvy and understand how to control costs and maximise revenue.
Salary£32,000 - £35,000
Business Manager - Hebridean Hopscotch Holidays
We are a leading provider of all-inclusive holiday packages in the Outer Hebrides. Due to the continued growth of our business, we are looking to recruit a ‘hands-on’ manager to join our management team who lead and support our team of travel advisors.
- Ensuring customers enjoy excellent holiday experiences.
- Leading and participating in the sales and administration team.
- Identify and maximise opportunities to maintain business growth.
- Ideal Personal Attributes:
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for Outer Hebrides.
- Team leadership experience.
- Well organised with good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Dynamic, self-motivated, intuitive, with a positive and persuasive personality,
- An analytical approach to business development.
- Sales experience is an advantage but not essential.
- A mature approach to all aspects of business
To learn more about our business, please check out our web site. If you feel that you are the person we are looking for, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV as an attached Word or PDF file, together with a brief letter of application providing any further relevant information.
A draft job specification is shown below and could possibly be adjusted to suit the needs of the business and/or the successful candidate. Should you require additional information about the appointment, please feel welcome to Kenneth Mackenzie call 01851 706611.
Job specification for Hebridean Hopscotch Holidays Manager
- To play an active role in the management team who lead, supervise, and monitor the sales team.
- To build customer relationships throughout the sales process.
- To monitor and lead delivery of our holiday packages and build excellent customer relationships throughout all stages of the holiday process.
- Drive sales and marketing efforts and in cooperation with other colleagues, to create ideas to continue the growth of our business.
- Develop agency business in European and other world markets.
- To gain and to pass on (to customers, staff and PR targets) an intimate knowledge of the holidays, properties, local area, transport, activities, etc.
Assist Management Team in;
- maintaining accommodation provider levels and, where necessary, liaise with property owners to further develop our accommodation portfolio where required,
- preparing agreement schedules and pricing with our accommodation providers and travel operators,
- coordinating the preparation of our holiday brochure,
- liaising with and set pricing for agency suppliers,
- conducting end of season review of customer feedback,
- developing our marketing strategy and advertising portfolio,
- organising vehicle and bike procurement.
- Work with Sales Team to complete pre-season brochure mailing.
Ongoing monthly activity;
- lead daily Sales Team progress meetings, to include work scheduling and identification/resolution of problems,
- take a share in selling holidays,
- supervise vehicle and bike hire allocation to clients,
- monitor sales and administration of holidays,
- supervise inward/outward invoice processing,
- supervise quality control and complaints procedure,
- maintain ongoing brief for brochure and web presence, monthly e-shots etc., including Facebook, Instagram, and any other future social media activity,
- input to sales/marketing support activity,
- liaise with external tourist promotion organisations, and travel operators, such as CalMac, Loganair, etc,
- participate in out of hours emergency support for clients during their holiday,
- supervise the maintenance of our customer email databases,
- brief sales advisors regularly on achievements and targets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will be a hands-on and visible leader to the team, motivating them with your passion for hospitality and desire to do things better.
- Organise employee schedules, ensure that your staff receive ongoing training and hold meetings to keep employees updated on all procedures and policies.
- You will work closely with leaders in other departments to keep operations running smoothly in line with our hotel goals.
- Overall responsibility of ensuring your team members productivity and room cleanliness.
- Ensure bedrooms and public areas are maintained to the highest-level of cleanliness and hygiene.
- Ensure levels of stock including chemicals, consumables and linen are kept at a correct level.
This is a full-time position with 5 out of 7 shifts, involving working weekends.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and friendly receptionist to join our welcoming front of house team. Our receptionists are at the core of our business, ensuring our guests receive the highest standard of customer service and hospitality.
As the first point of contact between guests and the hotel, your key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring an efficient reception experience for guests, including check in and check out,
- Handling all telephone calls with a clear, friendly telephone manner,
- Providing excellent customer care in a fast-paced environment,
- Maintaining excellent working relationships with other members of staff across all departments.
Ideal personal attributes:
- A friendly personality with a passion for delivering excellent customer service,
- Self-motivated, intuitive with a positive personality,
- Ability to multi-task and deal with several requests at any one time.
Food & Beverage Attendant
The 4-star 48-bedroom Cabarfeidh Hotel has an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and positive Food & Beverage Attendant to join their welcoming restaurant and events team.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Open and friendly with a desire to deliver exceptional guest experiences
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- A team player, contributing positively to team performance
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to assess and meet the needs of the guest
If interested, please send your CV to email@example.com. For further information and other vacancies, contact the hotel on 01851 702604.